BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Whose Report will you believe?

Whose report will you believe?

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed".
(Proverbs 16:3)

 

You know it always seems that when you think you know something or someone you don’t. Or why is it that when you believe you are trying your best, others see it as your worst. What happened to “only what you do for Christ will last”? I know that so many of us feel we must meet the expectations of society. How we parent our children, what clothes we wear, how many friends we should have and many more stipulations that society places on us. But what about what characteristics Jesus has set for us in his many examples? He has taught us to love our enemies as ourselves, treat people the way we want to be treated, give and it shall be given back to you and above all else, love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul. True there are many other design features placed in us but sometimes they never get used because the user has not sought the user’s manual. At times we can be like that annoying blinking clock on the VCR or DVD player blinking; waiting for someone to reset us. Other times we are like the buttons on the remote control which never get used because we don’t know its proper function. Isn’t that how we are in the body of Christ? The Bible is our remote control! We use the main controls or we speak the scriptures we know by heart and leave the other scriptures because we haven’t investigated its true purpose or sought to understand its function in our lives.

 

I had an opportunity to become offended and back away from what I know to be true and right in the eyes of God. I had an opportunity to think the worst of myself because of what someone else was saying about me. But God knows the truth and he knows me!.  I know that I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus; I know that I have the mind of Christ! I know that I don’t get it right always and sometimes I flat out mess up; BUT GOD! He is my source and his word is the lamp unto my feet and the light for my pathway.  I know that I am delivered from evil and when I mess up or stray away from his presence, he lovingly taps me with the rod of correction to deliver my soul from hell.  I know that when the devil starts messing that a huge blessing is on the way.  I am not concerned about the report of the world, but it is Jesus’ report that I believe.  If I commit my way unto the Lord, my plans will succeed. I don’t hate or dislike those who have ill words towards me. I love them continually and pray for their deliverance and freedom. Love is about encouraging one another, building those who are weak, enriching those who are poor. It is not about holding grudges or keeping a record of wrong. Whose report will you believe today?

0 comments: