BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thorns are growing!


Luke 4:22
All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. "Isn't this Joseph's son?" they asked.







Oh how I mess up often when it comes to correcting my children. Often I lash out with words that do not edify, build confidence in them and in the end makes them more saddened then the act warrants. I am one who likes order in my house and when it is not neat and tidy it sends me into a whirlwind of emotions. Of course I believe every one has a part in helping to maintain the common areas in the home and the kids each have their duties. “But what does mom do?” They ask. Well mom does everything else! I say. But of course a mom’s work is never done.


So, I have been running the conversation with my children back through my mind asking myself, “why didn’t you say it like this or you could have said that a little gentler.” I also asked myself “what fruit of the spirit are you exhibiting?” Of course I say, LONGSUFFERING!! And with a chuckle, I must remind myself constantly of the word of God. I want my words to be like Jesus’ words. I want my children to be amazed at the gracious words that come from my lips daily. I want them to speak well of me. I desire to build them up and instill in them the character of Christ and not the madness of mom! I love them dearly, however sometimes I feel I am at my brink and I will explode. But then I remember to hold my peace and 1. Choose not to fight or argue; 2. Use my natural gift of nurturing; 3. Get a clue that God is all knowing and he knows what we can handle. Thank you Lord! For your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.


0 comments: